With medical marijuana legal in over half the United States, and three other states that just voted yes to legalizing recreational marijuana usage, millions of people each year have to pass a drug test fast. 2014 studies show that marijuana is the #1 illicit drug choice and the number of adults who smoke marijuana has doubled in the last few years since laws and restrictions are becoming looser. Many insurance companies still require individuals to undergo random drug testing especially for marijuana.
Employers, however are still not lenient yet when it comes to drug usage and probation officers aren’t too hip to it either. So, if you are looking for a new job, or work somewhere you can and will most likely be randomly drug tested. There may be times where you need to be able to pass a drug test quickly. Typically, if you are involved in the court system and on probation you will know when you must drop, so passing a drug test naturally when you have a little longer can be a bit easier.
Do’s and Don’ts of Drug Testing
The number one thing to keep in mind is that almost everything you read on the internet is a drug test myth. When it comes to passing a drug test, cranberry juice, niacin, vinegar, goldenseal, ginger root and all the other at home remedies for clearing your system of THC quickly do not actually work. They never have worked, yet stories continue to be spread online across blogs and forums claiming these work. Do not attempt these home drug testing remedies, especially if you are a heavy user and must take a drug test within 24 hours.
You should prepare as far in advance for your drug test as possible. If you have at least a week before your drug test you should plan on getting some sort of 7 day detox product to jumpstart your drug cleanse. If you are searching for a new job, you should stop smoking now. The only way to 100% ensure that you will pass a urine drug test or saliva, blood, hair follicle test, is to abstain from doing any drugs during your detox. If you get fired from a job, stop smoking that day.
Think realistically about how long it will take for you to become clean from marijuana. Detoxing naturally takes at least 30 days for a person who has a great metabolism and is fit. THC metabolizes out of your fat over time as the fat cells break down or get absorbed into the blood stream. If you are over 200 pounds it could take up to four months or longer in extreme cases to rid your body of THC in order to pass a drug screen.
How To Pass A Drug Test Naturally
If you have at least 30 days to detoxify your system of THC, there is a simple, 100% natural way to do that using diet, exercise, and a herbal detox program. This is the best way to get a true detox, especially if you plan on not smoking marijuana anymore or want to jump start weight loss. This way isn’t fast, but it will help you to feel better naturally and you are guaranteed to be able to pass a drug test, if you are healthy, after 30 days. There are 7 steps to detoxing naturally:
- Drink lots of water to pass a drug test: Most people do not drink as much water as they should anyways. You should aim to drink at least a gallon of water every day. This isn’t going to flush the THC, or any other drug, out of your system though. Upping your H2O keeps you hydrated and ensures that your urinary system is regular and flowing well.
- Exercise to pass a drug test: Common knowledge tells us that marijuana is stored in fat cells. The more fat cells you have, combined with the amount of marijuana you smoke, is going to prolong or shorten the amount of time it takes you to detox. Start an exercise routine that combines strength training and cardio so that you are sweating the fat cells down, sweating toxins out, and boosting your metabolism. If your gym has a sauna, sitting in there for a few minutes after your workout can rid your body of many toxins that can come out through your skin. Just make sure you take a shower afterwards!
- Eat vegetables to pass a drug test: Salads and green leafy vegetables like broccoli should be your best friend during your drug detox. These veggies consider vitamins that help to cleanse your system and boost your metabolism and flush marijuana out of your system fast.
- Drink Lemonade to pass a drug test: Life just gave you some lemons if you are having to take a drug test possibly so make lemonade. Drinking lemon juice helps your body to detox because the electrolytes found in lemons, along with the high vitamin C, boosts your immune system and rids your body of all the yucky stuff.
- Try the Paleo Diet to pass a drug test: This diet is all about eating unprocessed food and lots of fruits and veggies and meat. Just stay away from the red meats like beef and pork. These types of proteins are high in sodium and fat and can cause water retention as well as slowing your metabolism. You are also going to want to add high fiber foods to your diet. Peanut butter, whole wheat bread, beans and yogurt can all add the fiber necessary to help with a detox of your digestive system to pass a drug test.
- Drink Tea to pass a drug test: There are herbal teas such as dandelion tea that help cleanse the liver and boost metabolism. Using Green tea to pass a drug test is especially good because of the antioxidants it has and immune boosting properties. Do not get tea that is caffeine free. You need the caffeine to help give you a little extra energy and boost your metabolism.
- Do not do any drugs during this marijuana detox: This seems obvious, but even smoking a little bit can set you back days in your detox and if you are trying to detox quickly you need to abstain completely from smoking or doing drugs.
Once you have been following these steps for a few weeks, you can purchase an at home drug test from any convenience store. There are tests specifically for marijuana, cocaine and heroin. If you do drugs other than marijuana, it is typical that those drugs can be out of your system in a few days to a few weeks depending on the drug and severity of use.
How to Pass a Drug Test Fast
Detox Faster with Detox Pills and Herbal Body Cleansers
If you don’t have a month and only have a few days before you need to take a weed drug test, you, like most people, are not going to be able to detox completely without help. There are products that you can purchase that speed up the detoxification process and are completely safe to use. There are several products such as Ultra THC Detox, that have programs that take 5-7 days based on your level of use and weight. The 7-day drug cleanse is recommended for people up to 300 pounds and heavy users. You will need to follow a strict diet during these cleanses and a meal plan is included. There are also products by GNC and Vitamin Shoppe that can help you detox in 7 days if you have a week or longer before your drug test.