The medical cannabis community is under attack, and we must be heard!
More than 100 DEA raids, dozens of federal prosecutions, manipulation of the tax code, and threats to landlords and elected officials --- the aggressive, anti-medical cannabis efforts of Obama?s Justice Department must stop!
Join Americans for Safe Access Chapters and Affiliates across the country in celebrating Medical Marijuana Week by standing up for our right to safe access. Take time each day to participate in the week of action outlined below.
During Medical Marijuana Week (Feb. 13-17), here are some other ways you can get involved and make a difference:
1. Monday, February 13: Call the White House at 202-456-1111 and tell Pres. Obama to keep his promise to not use Justice Department resources to undermine state laws, stop putting politics before science, and act immediately to reclassify cannabis as medicine.
2. Tuesday, February 14: Contact Congress, 202-224-3121, and urge your representative to sponsor legislation to reclassify cannabis, end federal interference in state programs, and provide licensed patients and provides a defense in court.
3. Wednesday, February 15: Ask your Governor to sign the DEA Rescheduling Petition. Find your Governor's contact information by clicking here.
4. Thursday, February 16 @ Noon: Make your voice heard at a rally near you! Click here for a full list of rallies.
5. Friday, February 17: Join the movement and help fund the fight for safe access. Find out how by clicking here.