If you are near Oregon's capital today and don't have to work, you should attend the cannabis lobby day. This is going to be a very, very important session, and Oregon's legislators need to hear from cannabis patients and supporters. There are a lot of proposed changes to the OMMP this session, with more on the way I'm sure. Be heard. If you can't attend the lobby day, make sure to write your elected officials and let them know how important it is to keep the OMMP intact while Measure 91 is being implemented. Below is more info about the event, via the event's Facebook page:
Come join our rally and let your voice be heard! Campaign for the Restoration and Regulation of Hemp (CRRH), along with several other cannabis organizations, will be participating in Cannabis Lobby Day at the Oregon State Capitol on Monday, February 8, 2016. The free speech event, will feature speakers, music and vendors, will be held from 12pm to 5pm.
* Protect the OMMP and continue the fight for patient rights and access to medicine.
* Prevent over-regulation of marijuana under M91 by the OHA, OLCC, OAC and ONI that could hinder, rather than aid, the creation, regulation and stabilization of legal marijuana related businesses.
* No Federal Scheduling - Support the effort to remove cannabis from the Controlled Substances Act. It is time for the federal government to remove cannabis from the Controlled Substances Act.
* Show support for social cannabis clubs. Clubs are an essential aspect of our culture and there should be allowance for these types of clubs.
* Network with Other Local Groups - CRRH, The Human Solution International, Oregon Chapter of Parents 4 Pot, Portland NORML, Cannabis Liberation Front and more!
All are encouraged to attend. We suggest to those who cannot attend to call or write to your representative and fill their inbox and voice mail with your input! Make your voice heard!
Press conference to be held at 12pm.
When: Monday at 12 PM - 5 PM
Where: Oregon State Capitol