Yes, legalization supporters, marijuana freedom begins on July 1. Portland NORML has events planned to help you prepare and celebrate the end of marijuana prohibition in Oregon:
- Saturday, June 27, Noon-2pm = Portland NORML Meeting, 1125 SE Madison St. (Tony Starlight Showroom). Our regular 4th-Saturday-of-the-month FREE public meeting features Dru West, best-selling author of "Secrets of the West Coast Masters", presenting a seminar on how to begin your first legal four-plant cannabis garden, plus autographing copies of his book. We'll also get you up-to-date on the latest legislative changes to Measure 91.
- Tuesday, June 30, 10pm-Midnight = "Who's the Ross?", Dante's at 3rd Ave & W. Burnside, Downtown Portland. Our Executive Director, Russ Belville, will appear as a guest on this live late-night comedy-talk show ($3 cover) with host Aaron Ross, discussing the impending end of marijuana prohibition in Oregon, leading up to...
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 1, MIDNIGHT = PROHIBITION ENDS! West end, north side of the Burnside Bridge, Portland. Join us as we gather on the bridge to take a celebratory photograph at the moment marijuana becomes legal in Oregon. Adults with usable marijuana and cannabis seeds will join us to engage in their newly-legal right to exchange those items with other adults for no consideration.
- Wednesday, July 1, 9am-9pm = Stoney Girl Gardens Seed Giveaway, 10287 SE Hwy 212, Clackamas. Visit our friends at Stoney Girl Gardens to pick up free cannabis seeds. Get there early, they are likely to run out!
- Wednesday, July 1, 7pm-9pm = Benefit Screening of Ron Mann's "Grass", Clinton Street Theater, Portland. Join us as we provide consumer information on legalization at this benefit screening for Portland NORML of the excellent 1999 marijuana documentary, "Grass".
- Friday, July 3, 2pm-9pm = Weed the People Celebration, Metal Craft Fabrication 723 N. Tillamook , Portland. Weed The People (WTP) wants to celebrate legalization, so they've created a party with vendors, food trucks, a customized soundtrack, gift bags, a Growers Gifting Room, and a Vaporizer Lounge where you can try out the latest and greatest vaporizers.