By Erik Altieri, NORML Communications Director
As we get further into 2015, state legislatures are convening all around the country and the issue of marijuana law reform is a hot topic in many of them. From full legalization to decriminalization to medical use, marijuana is being debated in state houses across the nation. A key component of making these reform efforts successful is the mobilization of citizens like yourself. Only so much can be done by top down lobbying and lawmakers often base their votes off of the will of their constituents.
To make this process as pain-free as possible, NORML has collected all of the currently pending legislation and provided tools for constituents to contact their elected officials in our Take Action Center. Bills currently pending in 2015 include:
- Federal: Members Of Congress Move To Exclude Hemp From the Controlled Substances Act
- Arizona: Measure Introduced To Defelonize Marijuana Penalties
- New York: Measure Introduced To Legalize Cannabis Commerce
- Delaware: Lawmakers To Debate Marijuana Decriminalization Measure
- New Mexico: Senate Lawmakers to Consider Decriminalizing Marijuana
- Kentucky: Medical Cannabis Legislation Filed In Both Chambers
- And many more!
You can view the full list of pending legislation here. This list is continually updated as new measures are introduced so be sure to keep checking back to see what legislation will be debated in your state this year. Be sure you take a moment of your time to use these action alerts to quickly and easily contact lawmakers in support of pending legislation in your state and share them with your friends and family!
Help us keep the GRASS in GRASSROOTS and together we will legalize marijuana nationwide.