First International Summit on Legalization & Use
San Francisco, Calif. - Dramatic alliances are developing in the cannabis industry. On the heels of a turning tide of public opinion and major cannabis reform in the United States, an unusual ally and activist from Mexico offers allegiance. At noon on Monday, July 8, at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel in San Francisco, the former President of Mexico, Vicente Fox, will join national cannabis leaders to announce an International Summit on the Legalization & Use of Cannabis. The discussion will include plans for an alliance that intends to have an impact on the accelerated violence in Mexico, global drug cartels, public safety issues and the world's economy. Please see details and background information below.
Vicente Fox Quesada is a Mexican businessman and former President of Mexico (December 1, 2000, to November 30, 2006) who now serves as co-president of the Centrist Democrat International, an international organization of Christian democratic political parties. Fox was elected President of Mexico in the 2000 presidential election, a historically significant election that made him the first president elected from an opposition party since Francisco I. Madero in 1910. Fox is a member of the Club of Madrid,an independent non-profit organization composed of 88 democratic former presidents and prime ministers from 58 different countries. He earned his diploma in top management skills from Harvard Business School in the United States in 1974.
- Former Mexican President Vicente Fox
- Jamen Shively, CEO of Diego Pellicer Inc., Seattle, Wash.; former Microsoft manager and activist
- Steve DeAngelo, executive director of Harborside Health Center, Oakland and San Jose, Calif.; national medical cannabis leader and policy expert
- Distinguished representatives from government, academia, the legal and medical professions, and the cannabis industry
- Summit meeting & press conference on the Legalization & Medical Use of Cannabis
- Announcement of International Symposium on the Legalization & Medical Use of Cannabis in Leon, Mexico, July 18-20
- Announcement of the broader goals and plans of an international effort to end the failed policy of the prohibition of cannabis. Strategic plans will be discussed for a highly controlled, regulated and taxed system designed to end the failed war on drugs that implements public safety and harm reduction across the globe.
- Press Conference: Noon-1:30pm, Monday, July 8, 2013
- (Prior to the Press Conference, a private Summit meeting will be held from 9am to 12 noon)
Sir Francis Drake Hotel, San Francisco, Calif.---The Franciscan Room
450 Powell St, San Francisco, CA 94102