Tomorrow, September 17, 2015, Governor Martin O'Malley will hold a marijuana legalization listening session in Denver, Colorado at 9:30 AM MDT.
O'Malley will hear from policymakers, experts, business owners, and law enforcement about how Colorado's decision to legalize marijuana has been working and affecting communities across the state. Participants include:
- Rep. Jonathan Singer, Colorado House of Representatives, 11th District
- Hon. Paul Weissmann, Former Member of Colorado House of Representatives
- Andrew Freedman, Director, Governor's Office of Marijuana Coordination
- Barbara Brohl, Executive Director, Colorado Department of Revenue
- Lewis Koski, Director, Department of Revenue, Colorado's Marijuana Enforcement Division
- Skyler McKinley, Office of Marijuana Coordination
- Mason Tvert, Director of Communications for the Marijuana Policy Project and Co-director of Amendment 64
- Josh Bartch, Owner, "Doctor's Order" Marijuana Dispensary
- Meg Collins, Vice President of Business Development, Good Chemistry
- Don Novak, Bluebird Business Group
- Kristi Kelly, Good Meds Network
- Jason Thomas, Former Detention Officer and Marshal's Deputy
- Brian Vicente, Managing Partner of Vicente Sederberg LLC
- Christian Sederberg, Partner of Vicente Sederberg LLC
As Governor, O'Malley decriminalized marijuana in Maryland and started the state's medical marijuana program. In his presidential campaign, Governor O'Malley calls for re-classifying marijuana as part of his bold, progressive criminal justice platform.
O'Malley has said that Colorado's decision to legalize marijuana should be considered "a laboratory in democracy."
Who: Governor Martin O'Malley,
Colorado experts, law enforcement, and policymakers
What: Listening Session on Marijuana Legalization
When: Thursday, September 17 at 9:30 AM MDT
Where: 1244 Grant St, Denver, CO 80203 (Offices of Vicente Sederberg)
RSVP: To attend this event, please RSVP to Matt Corridoni at firstname.lastname@example.org.