April 16, 2018

California Bureau of Cannabis Control – Message for Temporary Licensees

April 16, 2018
90-Day extension must be submitted before current April 30, 2018 expiration

I just received this reminder about an important deadline for Cannabis businesses in California who are holding temporary licenses. It was forwarded to me from Toby Leonard, urban-gro’s Senior Pest Control Advisor (PCA License # 71289). He is part of urban-gro’s team who shares a commitment to helping cannabis cultivators remain complaint. He is specifically licensed to serve cultivators in California to keep up with a changing regulatory environment.

The notice from the California Bureau of Cannabis Control confirms temporary licenses may be extended for 90-day periods if the licensee submits a complete annual license application before the expiration April 30, 2018 date.

Temporary licenses for retailers, distributors, micro-businesses, testing laboratories and cannabis event organizers that were issued with an effective date of January 1, 2018 will expire on April 30, 2018. A 90 day extension is available if you file before your license expires.

No extensions will be granted to temporary licensees who do not submit an annual license application prior to the expiration date on their license. If the temporary license expires, the business will be required to cease operations until an annual license has been issued, as operating a commercial cannabis business without an active state license is a violation of the law.

To submit a completed annual license application, you must submit documents as requested for each component of the application. After the Bureau receives your completed application, the Bureau may extend your temporary license. The Bureau will then perform a substantive review of the documents provided as part of the application to determine if all requirements are met. If the Bureau determines that the documentation is insufficient, you will be notified by the Bureau.

Notes: Each temporary application that was issued must have a separate annual application submitted to the Bureau.

For additional resources on how to apply for an annual license, please click the links below:



(Livescan locations)

Questions about the licensing application: bcc@dca.ca.gov

For more information about urban-gro visit www.urban-gro.com and for questions about California IPM email ugIPM@urban-gro.com.


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on reddit
Recent & Related Posts


Recent & Related Posts
Curing cannabis can be challenging, but anyone can do it.
Travis Maurer

How to Cure Marijuana Buds

When it comes to weed, what does cure mean? Curing weed is the process of removing bacteria for long-term storage. The curing process is one

Read More »