The war Obama and the federal government has been waging against law-abiding marijuana dispensaries and their patients is heating up now more than ever. We are at a tipping point politically — the best of times, and the worst of times. The worst of times revolves around the 400 dispensaries that have been closed by feds this year alone. The potential best of times revolves around the fact that if Americans get energized and vocal with our Congressmen and women, we can change the course of history.
The war on marijuana has and continuous to take many shapes and forms throughout the years, but this year there is a clear and blatant threat coming from the federal government who has their sights set on taking medicine away from patients who need it most.
6 Things YOU Can Do Today To Help Save Harborside:
- Take action to support Rep. Barbara Lee’s bill to end forfeiture actions against medical cannabis HR 6335
- Join Americans for Safe Access summer activism Camp Wake Up Obama
- Melinda Haag and other U.S. Attorneys are waging war against California’s medical cannabis patients. Now she’s threatening to shut down Harborside Health Center. Haag has closed over 15 dispensaries this year in Marin, San Francisco, Berkeley and Oakland, depriving tens of thousands of patients of their medicine. Her war against cannabis patients displays blatant disrespect for California law and the Obama administration’s policy to respect State law. As recently as June, Attorney General Eric Holder said that the Federal government would, “limit our enforcement efforts to those individuals, organizations that are acting out of conformity with state law.”Sign the petition telling Obama and Hagg to stop taking away medicine from the people who need it most.
- REGISTER TO VOTE!
- Share this Save Harborside video!
- Use the #SaveHarborside hash tag when tweeting
This article was published with special permission from the National Cannabis Coalition