Support Ellen Rosenblum At Oregon Attorney General Debate
As loyal readers and social media friends will attest, I have been on a crusade to stop Dwight Holton from becoming Oregon's next Attorney General. Regardless of what Oregon initiative you support or don't support, or how you feel about another person in the Oregon marijuana activist circuit, I think everyone can agree that if Dwight Holton gets elected at Oregon Attorney General, he will do everything he can to try to kill the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP). That's why it is so important to attend tomorrow's debate and show Dwight Holton that he will never get our vote, no matter how much he tries to pretend he's a genuine Oregonian.
If you haven't had a chance to visit the NotDwightHolton.Com site, please do so. If you haven't had a chance to 'like' the Not Dwight Holton Facebook page, please do so. Dwight Holton is at 512 'likes' as of this post, and the Not Dwight Holton Facebook page is at 66 'likes' last I counted. That's not bad considering the site and Facebook page are only a few days old and Dwight Holton has been basically campaigning since birth (his dad was Governor of Virginia). For those of you that need reasons to not vote for Dwight Holton, here are a handful:
1. Oregon needs a leader in the Attorney General position, not a bloodthirsty prosecutor.
2. Despite the fact that he was already doing the job, Dwight Holton was not even in the top three candidates when it came time to appoint someone for the position he was the interim for. - The Oregonian
3. Dwight Holton will try as hard as he can to kill the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program. He treats the sick and suffering like criminals in order to pursue his political agenda. Holton said the law is actually 'a train wreck, putting marijuana in the hands of people, kids, who are not using it for pain management purposes.'” - Blue Oregon
4. Dwight Holton is not a true Oregonian. “I grew up in Virginia, and my dad was governor of Virginia from 1970-1974. I was a 1996 graduate of the University of Virginia Law School, and went to work for the U.S. Department of Justice as an Assistant United States Attorney in 1997” - Dwight Holton's Facebook
5. Dwight Holton is part of the elite establishment. He is a career politician that will do whatever it takes to make a name for himself, regardless of if it helps Oregonians or not.
6. East Coast education equals East Coast loyalties.
7. Do we want an Attorney General that has been accused of intercepting and tampering with evidence in a disability corruption case?
Now let's read about what Dwight Holton's opponent, Ellen Rosenblum, brings to the table:
Ellen Rosenblum has spent her entire legal and judicial career in Oregon. She practiced law for 14 years, served as a federal prosecutor, and has 22 years of experience as both an appellate and trial judge.
Ellen began practicing law in 1975 at a small law firm in Eugene after graduating from the University of Oregon. Five years later she became a U.S. Assistant Attorney for the District of Oregon. As a federal prosecutor she specialized in financial crimes. In 1989, she was appointed to the Multnomah County District Court.
Former Governor Barbara Roberts later appointed Ellen to the Circuit Court, and is now endorsing her candidacy for Attorney General.
Most recently, Ellen served as a judge on the Oregon Court of Appeals from 2005-2011. During her time as a judge she presided over thousands of cases involving Oregon citizens — from small claims to more serious crimes.
Throughout her career, Ellen has been a strong advocate for the legal profession and for diversity and access to justice–locally and nationally. Her areas of expertise include business and consumer litigation, domestic relations, class actions, misdemeanor and felony crimes, state and federal constitutional law, products liability, and juvenile disputes among others.
Ellen and her husband Richard Meeker have two children Cate and Will.
A VOTE FOR DWIGHT HOLTON IS A VOTE FOR THE 1%, A VOTE FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT, A VOTE FOR THE STATUS QUO, AND A VOTE FOR SOMEONE WHO WILL SELL YOU OUT IN A HEARTBEAT IF IT MEANS A HIGHER POSITION IN THE BROKEN SYSTEM WHICH MUST BE VOTED OUT !!!
This event is co-sponsored by Willamette University College of Law, along with the Willamette Valley American Inn of Court, the Mary Leonard Law Society, and the Marion County Bar Association.
A debate between the two announced candidates for Oregon Attorney General: and Ellen Rosenblum
- Room 201 on Monday
- April 2nd
- From 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. and is free and open to the public; no reservations required
The Moderator will be Brenda JP Rocklin.