Florida came very, very close to legalizing medical marijuana during the 2014 election. After a narrow defeat, United for Care made it clear that they would try again in 2016. I'm happy to say that they are getting started early, and have a petition up for Florida voters to sign. If you don't live in Florida, obviously you can't sign the petition. However, if you do live in Florida, and I know we get a lot of readers from Florida, make sure to sign the petition to help bring medical marijuana reform to Florida. More info can be found below:
Thank you for helping us get medical marijuana back on the ballot for 2016. We need everyone to sign the new petition.
***YOU MUST SIGN THE NEW PETITION EVEN IF YOU FILLED OUT ONE IN 2013 or 2014.***
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEW PETITION
1) Fill out the form below (the new petition will open in a new window). PLEASE BE PATIENT - it may take a few moments for the form to load. The form will pre-populate the petition. To use or download a blank petition instead, visitwww.unitedforcare.org/blankpetition.
2) Print out and sign the petition. Please make sure that all information is accurate and that you include EITHER your Voter Registration number OR your Date of Birth. **Make sure you sign and date the petition on page 2.**
3) Mail your completed petition to:
People United for Medical Marijuana
Post Office Box 402527
Miami Beach, FL 33140
Other Important Info:
- You must be a registered voter in the State of Florida. (If you are not, information as to how to register to vote can be found here: http://election.dos.state.fl.us/voter-registration/voter-reg.shtml#voterApp)
- Please leave the paid petition circulator section at the bottom of page 2 of the petition blank.
- To download a blank petition, visit www.unitedforcare.org/blankpetition
- If you have questions, please email email@example.com or visit our Frequently Asked Questions.