What is as American as apple pie? Marijuana of course! Below is an amazing recipe for marijuana apple pie. I might be having some for breakfast today – don’t judge me!
Estimated Time: 2 hours
Serves: Makes 1 Apple Pie
2 cups all-purpose flour
I teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
6 tablespoons cannabutter (marijuana butter)
6 tablespoons shortening
6 to 8 tablespoons ice water
1. Warm the cannabutter in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften it (not melted).
2. Combine all other ingredients into a large bowl. You may use your hands or a Dough Blender here.
3. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Apple Filling Ingredients:
5 Tart Peeled Apples
1 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
Apple Filling Instructions:
1. Peel and slice apples and soak in water with a tablespoon of lemon juice for 10 minutes.
2. Mix everything except the apples in a large bowl.
3. Remove apple slices from water and place in the bowl with with the other ingredients. Mix them around in order to coat the apples as much as possible.
Putting it all together:
1. Divide dough into 2 equal portions.
2. Roll one portion into a flat circle 1/8 inch thick.
3. Place and shape into baking pan.
4. Put apples in crust and top with some butter to enhance the flavor of the apples (you may use cannabutter here if you’d like).
5. Roll out the remaining portion of dough and place on top of pie. Use the back end of a knife to press the top to the bottom crust.
6. Wrap tinfoil over the pan so it covers just the other portion of the top crust, so the edges do not burn.
7. Bake at 400°F for 55 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown.