Help protect the rights of medical marijuana patients in Oregon. See the action alert below (you can join the conversation on Facebook at this link here):
Please share this info, come to the meetings, and/or provide written testimony.
Please see below for meetings in your area!!!!!!
The Oregon Health Authority, Public Health Division is currently engaged in the following rulemakings related to the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program:
Adoption of Oregon Administrative Rules in chapter 333, division 8 related to marijuana laboratory testing and grandfathered medical marijuana grow sites.
With the passage of HB 3400 (Oregon Laws 2015, chapter 614) during the 2015 legislative session, the Legislature established marijuana plant limits for medical marijuana grow sites. The plant limits take effect on March 1, 2016. Under the temporary rules a grower can petition for a grandfathered grow site beginning in January 2016.
In addition, in order to better ensure that marijuana is being tested appropriately for pesticides, OHA is adopting temporary rules to require laboratories that are testing marijuana to provide a quality control manual to OHA.
This rulemaking is effective January 1, 2016 through February 29, 2016.
PROPOSED PERMANENT ACTIONS:
1. Adoption, amendment and repeal of administrative rules in chapter 333, division 8 pertaining to medical marijuana patients, growers, processors and dispensaries due to the passage of HB 3400 (Oregon Laws 2015, chapter 614).
House Bill 3400, passed by the 2015 Oregon Legislature, made many changes to the Oregon Medical Marijuana Act, ORS 475.300 to 475.346 and gave the Oregon Health Authority the regulatory authority to inspect and regulate medical marijuana growers and to register and regulate processors, which were previously unregulated in Oregon.
2. Adoption of administrative rules in chapter 333, division 8 pertaining to limited marijuana retail sales due to the passage of SB 460 (Oregon Laws 2015, chapter 784).
The Oregon Health Authority is proposing to permanently adopt rules to allow for the retail sales of limited marijuana products; require warning posters and the provision of accompanying materials informing individuals of the potential health risks associated with the use of marijuana; apply a tax of 25 percent with the retail sale of marijuana starting on or after January 4, 2016; outline required documentation of marijuana retail products sold; to require a dispensary to verify that the individual purchasing retail marijuana products is 21 years of age; to require dispensaries to post certain signs; and to require the reporting of data to the Authority.
You are being invited to review and comment on the proposed PERMANENT rules. If you wish to present oral testimony, the following public hearings will be held:
• Eugene: January 21, 2016 at 1:00 p.m.: Planning and Development Department, Atrium Building, Sloat Room - 99 W 10th Avenue, 97401
• Portland: January 22, 2016 at 1:00 p.m.: Portland State Office Building, Room 1A - 800 NE Oregon St., 97232
• Bend: January 25, 2016 at 1:00 p.m.: Deschutes Services Building, DeArmond Room - 1300 NW Wall Street, 97701
• Medford: January 27, 2016 at 9:30 a.m.: Medford Public Library - 205 S Central Avenue, 97501
You may also file written comments before 5:00 p.m. on January 29, 2016 by submitting them to the Public Health Division Rules Coordinator at the following address:
OHA, Public Health Division
Attn: Administrative Rules Coordinator
800 NE Oregon Street, Suite 930
Portland, Oregon 97232
E-mail comments to: email@example.com
You may also send comments by fax to (971) 673-1299.
Final rules will be filed after consideration of all comments.
For more details, please see the full text of the rules and corresponding rulemaking documents at the following website:
If you have any questions or would prefer a hardcopy be sent, please contact PublicHealth.Rules@state.or.us.