Endorsements In San Diego County Show Medical Marijuana Is Important Across Political Spectrum
The campaigns to allow and regulate medical marijuana dispensaries in Lemon Grove, Del Mar and Solana Beach (Propositions T, H and W, respectively) have recently received the endorsements of political parties in San Diego County from across the political spectrum including - the San Diego County Democratic Party, the San Diego County Libertarian Party and the San Diego County Green Party!
These endorsements show just how mainstream, and broad, the fight for medical marijuana access has become. Unlike other political issues, which tend to clearly divide conservatives and liberals, the rights of the citizens of the State of California to allow qualified patients access to marijuana medicine has clearly united compassionate voters on all sides of the isle.
Other prominent endorsements for these initiatives include:
- Congressman Bob Filner
- Judge James Gray (Retired), Libertarian Vice Presidential Candidate
- Assemblymember Tom Ammiano
- Lori Saldana, Former Speaker Pro Tempore, California Assembly
- Alex Kreit, Law Professor at Thomas Jefferson University and Head of the San Diego City Medical Marijuana Taskforce
- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
- San Diego Chapter of Americans for Safe Access
- California NORML
The endorsements garnered by these campaigns show the willingness of civic organizations and leaders to take a stand on this important issue.
More endorsements are expected in the coming weeks. However, patients and supporters will have to wait until November 6th for the most important endorsement - that of the voting public.
For more information on the initiatives to allow and regulate medical marijuana, visit http://www.RegulateCannabis.org/.