I received the following message from the Arkansans for Compassionate Care campaign. Volunteer if you are able:
We now have only two months left for gathering medical cannabis signatures to make the November 2016 ballot. Although we now have 80,000 signatures, and surpassed the required threshold of 68,000 signatures, we need another 20,000 to ensure we will make up for the many invalid signatures. Generally, about 65% of signatures are valid.
Luckily, there are abundant events in May and June to help us make this historical achievement. Please volunteer at as many of the following May events as possible, and show up early to events with *asterisks to catch people before they enter the venue:
- Farmers Markets Every Weekend in Fayetteville on Saturdays from 7 am to 1 pm, Bentonville on Saturdays from 7:30 am to 1 pm, Springdale (New Mill Street Market) on Saturdays from 8 am to noon & Bella Vista on Sundays from 10 am to 3 pm. (Additional secondary days & times on websites)
- *Fayetteville Foam Fest , May 7 at 5 pm
- *Naturals Baseball Games in Springdale, May 3-6, 16-23 & 31.
- *Rodeo of Ozarks venue in Springdale: Demolition Derby, May 7 at 7:30 pm, and Spring Carnival, May 25th-29th.
- Block Street Block Party in Fayetteville, May 22 from noon to dark.
- *Gulley Park Summer Concert Series in Fayetteville, First event on May 26 from 7-9 pm.
Thanks to the amazing work from dozens of hard working Arkansas volunteers, we are very close to the goal. These next two months are crunch time. We have come too far to let up now. Let's do this!