By Stacia Cosner, Associate Director, Students for Sensible Drug Policy
2012 has been a big year for SSDP and for the drug policy reform movement as a whole. As we reflect on the last 12 months, we've put together a list of our top twelve accomplishments.
- Making history in Colorado and Washington.
- Changing state policies in Illinois, Florida, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Washington, D.C.
- Changing campus drug policies at UConn, Northeastern, FSU, Ithaca and SUNY New Paltz.
- Getting presidential candidates on the record.
- Confronting the sole Congressional voice against medical marijuana.
- Refining our brand.
- Organizing five successful regional conferences.
- Participating in the United Nations Thematic Debate on Drugs and Crime.
- Calling out the drug czar.
- Bolstering our presence on social media.
- Launching our Sensible Membership program.
These would not have been possible without financial support from people like you, who care about ending the destructive war on drugs. Please consider making your tax-deductible donation today.