High Halloween season is here and there are all the fun stoner-ific things to do! Should I wear a stoner costume? Should make an apple pipe or a cannabis infused apple pie? Should we have a smoke sesh pumpkin carving party? Or…can I make a pumpkin BONG?!
The answer to all of these is yes, but we are going to focus on the pumpkin bong for those of you who like to carve pumpkins, whether it’s for a Halloween party or for your Halloween night sesh at home as you hand out candy and watch Hocus Pocus.
This one made by Robert Mead of Sound Cannabis is about a fancy as they come, and MFJane is the perfect witch to be demonstrating how to use it! MFJane said, “Robert had the glass stems custom made for him and that was the hardest part. He didn’t scrape out any of the seeds, he simply drilled into the stem of the pumpkin until it broke free and then drilled the second hole. He then poured the water in and placed the two glass stems inside the pumpkin. The cool thing about just poking two holes is you don’t have to cut anything or use a spoon!”
But, not everyone has power tools and custom made glass sooooo how do we do this with our regular pumpkin carvers and a glass slide that is in a bong we already own? Really, it’s simple…and Badass Glass does a great job of breaking it down….
What you’ll need:
Permanent marker or pen
Bottle of water
*keep in mind that a nice solid pumpkin will work best…an older or softer pumpkin will be difficult to smoke out of.
What you’ll do:
1. With your permanent marker or pen, mark where you would like your downstem to be and your mouth piece. They should be on opposite sides of each other.
2. Take the small knife and start to carve into the spaces where you marked. You want to make a hole that will fit the down stem without breaking it but also without it being too loose. Then carve a large enough hole for you to inhale.
3. At this point there are two different ways you can get the water inside of the pumpkin. Then, you have 2 options:
– Cut the stem out of the pumpkin and remove it (like a top). Remove the guts inside the pumpkin, fill with water until it reaches the downstem, then place the top pack on.
– After carving your mouth piece on the side of the pumpkin, pour water into that hole. You will have to guess when you feel like you have enough water since you can see inside the pumpkin as well.
4. Test the water level and function by inhaling and adjust if needed. Finally, SMOKE!
Queencyn gives a nice step-by-step on her Youtube as well, and we love that she encourages her viewer to, “Take a hit every time I say pineapple bong instead of pumpkin bong!” (another fruit she also loves apparently).
For extra festive fun, you can put cinnamon or coriander in the bottom and then a couple drops of vanilla or orange oil for a spiced latte taste upon your inhale. AND if you really want to get into it, take those seeds that you scooped out, dry them, and make roasted pumpkin seeds in cannabis olive oil!
On a serious note, while the myth of Halloween candy having weed or edibles in legalized states still seems to resurface each year, legalization has allowed for the cannabis culture to expand into this holiday. Regardless of propaganda, the numbers show that use of cannabis by youth in legalized states has gone down.
However you go about your Halloweed this year, have fun with it!
Photo credits: Ashley Mack Photography