Should I play video games while stoned?
OF COURSE! After lighting up a freshly rolled joint, one might feel inclined to relax, create, or explore, and there’s no better way to do all of that than from the comfort of your couch. So, I’m giving you my list of the best games to bring you bliss whilst or post smoking cannabis!
- Mario Kart 8: Look out F-Zero, this is the ULTIMATE racing game! With stunning graphics and friendship-ruining capabilities, this heart-racing (no pun intended) game is a blast! Last one to finish has to smoke the resin from the bong.
- Grand Theft Auto V: Looking for an open world where you can break the law — including the laws of physics? This is the one you’ll want to hop on. Available on any gaming system!
- Minecraft: If you’re feeling artsy at all, this awesome, open-world sandbox gives you the perfect opportunity to get creative! Build anything: a 12th century castle, a giant TI-84 calculator, or you can hit… ahem… trees and build a cabin in the woods. The world is what you make it!
- Super Mario Galaxy: Everyone needs to work those noggins a bit or they’ll turn to mush. This fun “old school” puzzling platformer is a classic — and two-player! Hop on and help our Italian plumber friend find his princess among the stars!
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Available on almost any gaming system this action RPG allows you to experience your wildest fantasies. From shooting giants with an enchanted bow to turning the undead into bunnies with the magical Wabbajack. (Isn’t that a strain?) Enter this magical realm and get lost in it for the next 72 hours of hardcore Norse gaming.
- Doodle Jump: Simple can be fun: Doodle Jump is an app in which you can play as an adorable, little creature trying to constantly get higher and higher (just like you)!
- Super Smash Bros: Ultimate: If you truly want to find out who the squad leader is in your friend group, grab an ounce of weed, settle in, and pop in this bad boy for a weekend of mayhem. This ultimate crossover fighting game is unprecedented in the fun department.
Weed + Games: Why are video games great to play while smoking pot?
Weed and video games — a more perfect pairing than PB & J, than John Mulaney and Nick Kroll, than two tabs and the Grateful Dead! Okay…maybe not that last one. Whether you’re smoking pot recreationally or medically, cannabis alters your perception of reality and creates enhanced feelings of euphoria, perfect for the gaming experience. The world is your oyster when you smoke and play, and you decide what’s going to make you happiest; create, destroy, kick butt, or explore. Whichever option you pick, playing high will make it feel like so much more.
For more information on cannabis and video games, visit the similar articles below:
Was your favorite videogame not on the list? Let us know in the comments below what game YOU think should be added to the list!