As a stoner, you have to recognize that there are some situations where it's definitely not a good idea to be high in. Even some seasoned stoners get flustered easily if they're baked and put in to an uncomfortable situation. Weed may calm nerves and chill you out but there are days where it's a good plan to avoid smoking just for a bit in order to get some important stuff done. Let's face it, taking a break from smoking can also be good for you and it reminds you of how much you love marijuana.
- Say that you have a new significant other. Things are going really well until they want you to meet their parents... Right? Even if you're a clean cut person, meeting parents of someone you like can be tough. In a situation like this, you need to be on your best behavior. Definitely not a good idea to be showing up super baked or smelling like skunk!
- If you smoke weed, you should have a job. That's all there is to it. You need to be at least making some kind of money somehow. Job interviews can be awful and extremely nerve wracking but be careful if you choose to smoke beforehand! The weed can slow your reaction time and dull your focus, possibly making you seem unenthusiastic. Unless you're a seasoned stoner, stay away from the bong on interview day.
- Every so often, one seems to find themselves in a situation where they're forced to public speak. This may be in a class in college or in some sort of group. Since public speaking is one of the top fears among US citizens, sometimes the effects of marijuana can make a situation like this way worse. Although this all depends on the user, just be sure that you have your notecards in order!
- When people get tattoos, a lot of the time, they automatically assume that smoking weed before they go under the needle will dull their pain. Unfortunately for some stoners, smoking weed before getting tattooed can actually cause more pain then normal! It doesn't happen with everyone but be careful when getting tattooed while high! You don't want to go through more pain then you have to.
- Stoners like to be high in public because being stoned makes people a little more bearable. Even though taking bong hits before leaving the house is normal for most smokers, it's not a good idea to go to crowded places when overly stoned. This means stay away from Walmart on a Saturday afternoon and don't go to Market Basket on the first of the month (I believe that's when my state distributes EBT Food Stamps and the grocery stores are packed!!).
Being stoned is a positive thing! But part of being a responsible stoner is knowing when you should be high and when you shouldn't be! Of course you can probably do most of these things while high! I've done all of them while stoned at least once. This is merely a guideline, some suggestions on how to be a successful and awesome stoner!