Students For Sensible Drug Policy Conference 2012
If you've ever been to an SSDP conference before, you know that this will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for anyone who cares about ending the war on drugs. We hope you'll be able to join us March 23-25, 2012 at the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center hotel in Denver, Colorado for the 13th Annual International Students for Sensible Drug Policy Conference.
- Registration is still open, so be sure to register today before the March 1st registration deadline.
- Reserve your hotel room here to use the SSDP group discount.
- We also have lots of additional travel information on this page to help you get there.
- Also, if you're interested in being an exhibitor at the conference, please check out this page for more information and to sign up.
A preview of what's in store...
Here's a peek at our conference sessions, and see our full schedule (and check for updates) here.
- Communicating Our Message: Tips From The Pros
- Perfect Spokespeople: Police and Parents
- Just Say Know: Reality Based Drug Education
- Global Drug Policy: From the Field to the UN
- Cannabusiness: From Activist to Entrepenuer
- Schools Not Prisons, Not School TO Prisons!
- Marijuana Reform: 2012 Statewide Ballot Initiatives
- Colorado: A Model for Medical Marijuana Regulation
- Case Study: Beating Mandatory Student Drug Testing
- How to use a non-drug policy career to fight the war on drugs
- Going from SSDP Pro to Drug Policy Professional: How to Get a Job In Drug Policy
- AMPLIFYing Our Message: Recruiting At Concerts
- Saving Lives By Changing Laws: Good Samaritan/Medical Amnesty Policies
- Raising The Bar: Law Students for Sensible Drug Policy
- Speaking Truth To Power: Getting Elected Officials On The Record
- Practical First Aid For Partygoers
- Shaking The Money Tree
- Practicing Non-violent Communication
- Finding The Leader Within You
- Take Over Your Student Government
- Anti-Oppression Training*
*Spaces for participants is limited for this special session. Please visit this page for more information and to sign up as a participant.
Additionally, we'll have keynote speeches from Ethan Nadelmann, Executive Director of the Drug Policy Alliance and Rick Doblin, Executive Director of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Stidues. There will also be an alumni reunion dinner, SSDP Congress and student board member elections, our awards ceremony and concert, and a storytelling booth!
Sponsor a student
Please consider making a small donation to our conference scholarship fund. Just $65 will cover a student's registration fee, which will make it much easier for them to take part in this event. Every little bit helps, so thank you in advance for investing in the future of the drug policy reform movement. If you're interested in sponsoring the conference at a higher level, please contact Aaron Houston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions should be directed to email@example.com if not addressed by our Frequently Asked Questions.
See you in Denver!